If a member of your family was having health issues or needed a yearly checkup, you wouldn’t take them to just any old doctor, would you? Of course not! You’d want to make sure they received the best medical care. And if your dog is a part of the family, wouldn’t you want to know which vets in your area provide the best care?
But how can you tell?
Here are a few things to look for when choosing a vet to take your dog to:
- Is the facility clean and orderly?
- How many years has the veterinarians been in business? Are they licensed?
- Do they do all the work in-house or are some cases referred to specialists?
- What emergency services are available?
- Is the staff calm and courteous?
Also, be sure to use the power of the internet to do some research on local vets. You can often find reviews and stories from previous patients and their humans that can be very telling about a vet’s reputation.
Have you found an amazing vet in your area? Do you have any funny, inspiring, or weird stories about an experience your dog had at the vet? We want to hear from you! (Videos and pictures are always welcome, and we’ll be sure to post all entries on our Facebook page)
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.