Have you ever felt your office needs more wagging tails and slobbery tongues? Then you’re in luck. This upcoming Friday is a special day for pups everywhere–Take Your Dog to Work Day! This is the 14th annual celebration of dogs across the country and the world, beginning back in 1999.
TYDTWDay was created to celebrate the great companions dogs make and to encourage their adoption from humane societies, animal shelters and breed rescue clubs. This annual event asks pet lovers to celebrate the humane-canine bond and promote pet adoption by encouraging their employers to support TYDTWDay. Employers are encouraged to open their workplace to employees’ four-legged friends on this one special day.
Your job can certainly be a stressful area of life, so what better way to alleviate the stress than by bringing your fun-loving, furry, family members along with you? Here are a few suggestions on how to celebrate TYDTWDay and keep it a happy, healthy time for everyone:
- Check if any of your coworkers have pet allergies or don’t like being around dogs. Respect their health issues and personal limits.
- Remove any environmental hazards from your work area that might endanger your dog.
- Make sure to bring enough food and water for your dog’s day away from home.
- Bring toys or treats so your dog doesn’t get bored and start causing mischief!
- Find a place outside the office to take your dog when it needs a bathroom break or a short walk.
- $500 cash and a $500 donation to the winner’s animal shelter of choice. (Provided by PSI)
- Pet Lovers Prize Package (Provided by TYDTWDay sponsors)
Does your office or work environment allow dogs? Does your pup enjoy chilling with you in your cubicle or in meetings?
No Comments Yet
You can be the first to comment!
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.